Office of Federal Programs
Arlandra Scott, Director
1500 Mission 66 • P. O. Box 820065
Vicksburg, MS 39182
The mission of the Office of Federal Programs is to provide support to the Vicksburg Warren School District (VWSD) in improving the academic success of students and in enhancing the professional growth of the staff.
The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) provides funding to state educational agencies to meet the academic needs of eligible students residing within the state. The Mississippi Department of Education is the recipient of most ESEA funds allocated to the State. The VWSD is a sub-recipient of grants funded through ESEA--Title I, Title II, Title IV, and Title V. These funds are managed through the Office of Federal Programs.
The Office of Federal Programs primary responsibilities are to:
- serve as a liaison between the district and the Mississippi Department of Education
- assist the district and schools with interpreting and carrying forth provisions of federal regulations,
- monitor procedures utilized in conducting annual needs assessments and planning and implementing programs designed for school improvement,
- provide assistance in developing and implementing the school’s federal programs
- provide guidance in the fiscal management of all ESEA funds