Warren Central Junior High School
August 10, 2020
Dear Parent/ Guardian,
We value what you do to help your child succeed in school. One part of our school’s parent and family engagement policy is this school-parent compact. This compact is developed jointly with parents and identifies ways you and school staff can share the responsibility for supporting your child’s learning.
School’s Accountability Pledge: Warren Junior High School will:
- School Accountability Pledge – Warren Junior High School will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement, in accordance with social distancing procedures or virtually will applicable.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff, in accordance with social distancing procedures or virtually where
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and to observe classroom
- Provide opportunities for participation in professional and personal development that improve teaching and learning and which support partnerships of families and
- Provide safe and supportive learning
- Be an active and model member of my school’s student
- Exhibit the characteristics of Viking P.R.I.D.E Perseverance Respect Integrity Discipline Effort
Family/Paren Accountability Pledge- We, as parents, will support our student's learning by:
- Monitoring attendance, academic, and social performance of
- Making sure that homework and all assignments are
- Monitoring activities of students outside school and promoting positive use of child’s extracurricular
- Volunteering in my student’s
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my student’s
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as
- Serving, to the extent possible, on policy advisory groups, such as being the Title I, Part A parent representative on the school’s School Improvement Team, the Title I Policy Advisory Committee and others as
- Encourage your child to use positive school behavior
- Comply with Vicksburg Warren School District’s and Warren Central Junior High School’s student handbook.
Student Accountability Pledge- We, as students will share the responsibility to achieve in school and in life. We will:
- Comply with the Vicksburg Warren School district polices and Warren Central Junior High’s student
- Bring all materials and completed assignments to class each day and actively participate in my learning
- Ask for help when I need to and participate in activities offered to support my
- Give to my parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare all notices and information received by me from my school every
Please review this School-Parent Compact with your child. Thank you for your support and involvement in your child’s education. Please contact the person listed below for more information:
Name: Chandra Willis______ Title: __Counselor_________
Frederick LeFlore____Title :__Principal__________
Telephone Number: (601) 638-3981
Please sign and date below to show that you have read and received this information. Please return the form to your child’s teacher.
Parent/Guardian Signature: __________________________________ Date: _________________