Warren Central Junior High School
1630 Rosa A Temple Drive
Vicksburg, MS 39180
Mr. Frederick LeFlore, Principal
Nicholas Dotson, Asst. Principal
Marlena Bolls, Asst. Principal
Chandra Willis, School Counselor
Parental Involvement Policy
Warren Central Junior High School recognizes that parents are full partners and play an integral role in their child’s learning, Warren Central Junior High School will implement programs and procedures based on the following definition of parental involvement:
Warren Central Junior High School (WCJH) will take the following actions to involve parents in the planning and reviewing of Title I programs including the planning and improvement of the School Parent Involvement Policy:
- Establish at least a five-member committee to develop and review parental involvement policy annually. The committee will include at a minimum; 3 parent representatives, two student representatives and 2 WCJH staff including the principal.
- The school will involve parents in decisions about how Title I, Parental Involvement funds are spent.
- Written and oral input from all participating parents will be solicited through Title I parent meetings, school newsletters, school website, social media and regular communication with parents.
Warren Central Junior High School will provide an assurance that the school will convene an annual meeting of all parents of participating children at a convenient time.
The school will conduct an annual meeting no later than thirty (60) days from the beginning of school to inform parents of the school's participation in Title I, the program design, and its requirements and benefits. During the Title I meeting and through regular communication, the school will explain the rights of parents to be involved in their child’s education. The school will also convene a Title I meeting during the month of April or May to obtain parental involvement in the school’s Title I program.
Warren Central Junior High School will offer flexible schedule of meetings.
The school will hold Title I meetings in the morning during school hours and in the evening. Parents will be given written notice of each meeting at least one week prior to the meeting.
Warren Central Junior High School will distribute School Parental
Involvement Policy to all Title I parents. The parental involvement plan will be:
- distributed at Title I parent meetings
- posted on website
- included in new student registration packet
- posted on the bulletin board in the office
- posted in all classrooms
Warren Central Junior High School will provide parents of participating children under Title I, a description of the curriculum in use, information about the academic assessments used, and if requested by parents, opportunities for regular meetings to formulate suggestions and participate as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children.
- Provide training in understanding state assessments and results
- Curriculum Parent Training
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences as needed as requested by parent or teacher
- Use of callout system
Warren Central Junior High School will share comments/concerns from parents with the Vicksburg Warren School District if the Schoolwide Plan is not satisfactory to parents.
- A copy of the schoolwide plan is located in the office for viewing.
- Comments/concerns with the schoolwide plan can be submitted to the office.
Warren Central Junior High School will increase capacity for involvement of schools and parents in parental involvement. Warren Central Junior High School will build the school’s and parents’ capacity for strong parental involvement.
- Parent access to Renaissance Home Connect and Online grade system
- Curriculum Family Training
- Consultation with staff
- Science Fair Parent Night
- School events
- Testing 101
Warren Central Junior High School Involvement Policy has been developed jointly with, and agreed on with parents of children participating in Title I program, as evidenced by meeting minutes. The Parental Involvement Plan was developed in October of 2019 and will be in effect for the period of the 2020-2021 school year. The school will distribute this Parental Involvement Plan to all parents of participating Title I children during the month of September 2020.