Beechwood Elementary School-Parent Compact
Beechwood Elementary School, and the parents of students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (participating children), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve Mississippi’s high academic and achievement standards.
This school compact is in effect during the school year 2017-2018.
REQUIRED SCHOOL-PARENT COMPACT PROVISIONS
- Instruction will be provided utilizing Mississippi’s College and Career Readiness Standards
- Meet annually with parents to discuss Title I requirements and funds
- Meet as requested by teachers, parents, administration, or guidance counselors
- The school will provide progress reports (Insert dates)
- The school will provide report cards (Insert dates)
- Parents will have access to Parent Portal
- Staff will be accessible to parents during scheduled parent/teacher conferences, through email or phone during normal school business hours
- Provide opportunities for which parents may volunteer, observe, and participate in the child’s classroom activities
Principal Signature: _________________________________________
We, as teachers, will support our student’s learning in the following ways:
- Provide relevant and meaningful homework assignments for the students.
- Provide necessary assistance to parents so they can help with assignments.
- Encourage students and parents by providing information about student progress
- Utilize various activities in the classroom to increase student engagement
- Attend school regularly
Teacher Signature: ____________________________________________
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
- Monitor attendance.
- Make sure homework is completed.
- Monitor amount of television children watch
- Volunteer in my child’s classroom.
- Participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my children’s education.
- Promote positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
- Stay informed about my child’s education and communicates with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate.
- Serve, to the extent possible, on school advisory groups, such as the Title I Schoolwide Planning Team and/or Parent Teacher Organization.
Parent Signature: __________________________________________________
We, as students, will share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and Mississippi’s high academic achievement standards.
- Attend school regularly.
- Complete and return homework daily.
- Ask for help when I need it.
- Conform to the rules of student conduct.
- Read at least 30 minutes every day outside of school.
- Come to school each day with pens, pencils, paper, and other necessary tools for learning.
- Give to my parents or guardian all notices and information received by me from my school.
________________________ ________________________ ______________________
Teacher’s Signature Parent’s Signature Student’s Signature
All comments and suggestions may be submitted to Mrs Stacie Schrader via phone (601) 638-3874, email firstname.lastname@example.org or handwritten notes submitted to the school front office.