Cell Phones & Electronic Devices Policies and Procedures
- The school is not the proper place to bring personal items such as radios, cameras, and cell phones. Students can bring these items only if they have the administration's permission. Exceptions may be made by the classroom teacher for instructional purposes only. Items brought without permission will be held in the principal's office.
- The school does not assume responsibility for loss of personal items.
- CD players, "walkmans", IPods, etc. are NOT PERMITTED on the school campus
- The Vicksburg Warren School District requests that students not bring cell phones to school with them. During school hours, cell phones CANNOT BE USED and must be TURNED OFF. They cannot be seen or heard or allowed to vibrate and they must be CONCEALED in a purse, book bag or other such enclosure.
- Please be advised that stolen, borrowed, or otherwise misplaced cell phones or other electronic devices will not be the subject of administrative intervention.
- The consequences for violations of the cell phone policy are: 1st violation- The phone will be confiscated and a property receipt will be given to the student. The student's parent or legal guardian will have to pick up the phone. 2nd violation- One day of ISD will be assigned. The phone will be confiscated and a property receipt will be given to the student. The student's parent or legal Guardian will have to pick up the phone. 3rd violation- Two to three days of ISD with confiscation of the phone & parent pick up. 4th violation- the student will be referred to the Discipline Review Committee.