Welcome to the Vicksburg Warren School District Athletics and Activities Page
The Vicksburg Warren School District Athletic Department considers athletics an integral part of education and believes that participation in sports develops and instills the qualities of pride, unity and victory; while developing the student athlete to live their life with strong social conscience. It is our goal to give our student athletes the tools and skills to achieve this mission. Being a part of a team not only promotes a healthy lifestyle but provides multiple opportunities for skill enhancement, competition, collaboration, and cooperation. We also believe that physical fitness, discipline and success can help promote academic success, and we expect that our athletes take pride in their performance in the classroom as well as on the field. While we strive to build competitive, winning teams, our primary mission is to promote the value of school spirit and fair play.
Athletic Department Goals
1. To use a continuous improvement process in support of systems and programs that promotes high standards of performance and high expectations for learning on and off the playing field.
2. To develop a culture of accountability that relies on data, research, evaluation, best practices and assessment as tools to measure the effectiveness and productivity of our programs and the satisfaction of our stakeholders.
3. To develop, encourage, and support the athletic department staff, their programs (grades K-12), improve instructional standards and professional development to enhance the student athletes knowledge, skills and performance levels in efforts to achieve a high level of success.
4. To promote and encourage Pride, Unity, Victory and a Strong Social Conscience among our student athletes , staff and community members. To maintain open and effective communication with the public, the athletic department staff and students in order to be aware of attitudes, opinions and ideas.
5. To continue to integrate best practices and advanced technique into all phases of the athletic educational process.
6. To provide the necessary financial resources for the support of our instructional programs through prudent management and fiscal responsibility.
7. To ensure that students and staff have a safe and appropriate place to learn, work and play.
The Vicksburg Warren School District Hall of Fame has been established to honor and recognize athletes, coaches and administrators who have made a substantial contribution to the VWSD Athletic Program. The deadline for submissions is Saturday, June 1, 2019.